Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Video from 'The Summoning of Freddie Mercury's Ghost', from Metal Knights 2

The scribe behind Metal Knights, Paul Feldman, alerted me there is video online of the appearance of Mercury's ghost from Serial Killer's fall debut at Sacred Fools Theater two weeks ago. Chris Chauncey was perfectly cast as the Ghost, and as I've written elsewhere the experience of performing again at Sacred Fools was a great time. One of the first shows I did in LA when I arrived in '02 was a similar late night show at the theater, called MAXIMUM GOLDIE, penned by Bob Derosa. I played a drunk who was in fact an assassin from the future. Perfect. One night, Bob brought Jieho Lee to the show, with whom he was collaborating on a feature script. I think Jieho seeing that night's performance was one of the reasons I was cast in The Air I Breathe, the script they were working on at the time, which came out in theaters earlier this year (I may have mentioned it once or twice). The lesson I take from that is: no matter what the venue, no matter what the show, in Los Angeles you have no idea who is watching and taking note.

So without further ado, here is the Return of Freddie Mercury's Ghost (you can see me on the right reacting with metal nerd ecstasy):



I hope you enjoyed that as much as the audience did.

And now I return you to whatever.

;Will Maier

No comments: